lunes, mayo 15, 2006

7 conversations

(With acknowledgements to Francis Ford Coppola)

+++

1: Living room

Where’s that?
It’s their house. In Ipswich.
I didn’t know they had a house in Ipswich.
It’s the most stupid thing he ever did.
What is?
He just left it. When he came to London.
What do you mean, he left it?
He didn’t want anything to do with it.
What do you mean?
He shut the door and walked away. He said he didn’t believe in property. It’s the most stupid thing he ever did.

+++

2: Stratford 1


The thing is – no one knows who she is.
Ricardo -
Ricardo says he doesn’t know her. He’s never met her.
So who is she?
I don’t know. No one knows.

+++


3: Soho Hotel

I know everyone thinks I’m washed up.
Do they.
And they’re right. And they’re wrong.
silence
Let’s go to the French House. Let’s get out of here.
I paid eight pounds ninety five for this. It’s got three slices of orange in it. I didn’t want any orange. Do you think if they gave you less orange the drink would be cheaper?
Let’s go to the French House.
This place is full of wankers.
Let’s go.
Let’s go to the French House.

+++

4: Stratford 2


The thing is –
What?
silence
What?
Ricardo –
What?
He does know her.
He said he didn’t.
I think he knows her.

+++


5: Kitchen

It’s just like –
What?
I know you’re not going to like me saying this.
Say it.
It’s like. Well, OK. I’ll say it.
silence
It’s like you’re afraid of success. It’s like you get right to the point, and then.
Then what?
I don’t know. You back away. It’s like you’re scared of it.
Is it.
It’s what I think. I think it’s something you picked up from your grandfather.
Did I?
He had it too.
You think so.
Yes. I do. I really do.

+++


6: Stratford 3

She’s a hooker.
No –
I think she is.
She wouldn’t have been drunk if -
She wasn’t drunk.
I don’t think so.
I think she might have been.
She didn’t seem like a hooker.
She fell asleep.
I don’t think she was asleep.
I don’t think so –
So who was she then? What was she doing here?

+++


7: Soho Chinese

What do you write in your blog.
It’s a long story.
It’s the democratisation of –
You write a blog?
He writes a blog.
What’s the point?
What’s the point?
It’s the democratisation –
Isn’t it just like reading someone’s diary? I don’t want to read someone’s diary.
I know what you’re saying.
It’s the democratisation of –
So what’s the point?

+++

1 Comments:

Blogger timplester.com said...

let's go to the french house.
come on you reds!

7:49 a. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home